Studies have shown that the frequent reviving of the heart helps maintain your blood sugar and body cells healthy, boosts your mood, among many others benefits. Thus, it is very important to engage in cardiovascular exercises, also known as aerobic exercise or cardio exercises. They help increase your heart rate and ensure that the blood is pumped faster, ensuring that high amounts of oxygen are delivered throughout the body. This helps keep the lungs and heart-healthy. By engaging in cardio exercises, you will get better sleep and decrease your risk of chronic illness. The training involved in some sports also includes some cardio. Always ensure that when exercising or sporting you wear the correct attire to ensure safety and ease. Online reviews such as Britainreviews.co.uk will help you check UK stores about football training clothes and thus purchase your attires from reputable shops. This article covers some cardio exercises that you can do at home.
This is a cardio exercise that improves a person’s side to side co-ordination while also increasing the heart rate.
How to perform the Lateral shuffles
- While standing in a position such that your feet are hip-width spaced out. Slightly lean forward and brace your core.
- Lift the right foot and get your left foot going, ensure you keep your form as you move right.
- Put your feet together. Keep on shuffling to the right.
- Repeat these steps now to the left side.
- Make sure that you work both sides evenly by shuffling right and left for a similar amount of space.
This is an ideal exercise to burn fat that has accumulated in the thighs, calf muscles, triceps and biceps. As long as you can hold the belly as you sway, you can use the cross jacks as an abs toner.
How to perform the Cross Jacks
- Stand straight, ensuring that your spine and head are straight. Have your feet together as your arms rest close to your body
- Have your legs stretched outwards, such that they are hip-width apart. Jump as high as you can.
- Allow your arms to simultaneously move above your head and cross at the wrists.
- As you descend, let your feet cross at the ankles.
- Simultaneously, get your arms down, letting them cross at the front of your hips.
- Attempt breathing in as you jump and breathe out while crossing the feet.
- Get into the 3rd step and repeat the 3rd and 6th steps ensuring you don’t break until you’ve completed a set.
- Complete 2 sets, each having 30 reps. With time, increase your reps to 100.
This cardiovascular exercise helps burn fat and reduces overall bodyweight. Jumping jacks also helps in toning the outer and inner thighs, laterals, deltoids and quadriceps.How to perform Jumping jacks
- Stretch out your legs and arms
- Stand straight, ensuring that you keep your head and spine straight, your feet together, and your arms resting just beside your body.
- Bend your knees slightly and jump in the air as high as possible.
- Have your legs extended a little more than shoulder-width spaced out while jumping
- Simultaneously stretch your hand together to be in line with the shoulders.
- Come down ensuing that your feet are such that they rest on the floor while shoulder-width distant from each other.
- Get back to the 3rd step and repeat the 4th and 6th step making sure you do not break till one step is completed.
- Perform 2 sets, each having 30 reps to start with. With time increase the reps to 100.
This is one of the cardiovascular exercises that you can do conveniently at home
How to perform spot jogs
- Stand straight and have your feet shoulder-width from each other and hand at your body sides.
- Lift your knees as high as you can and then jog in a single spot.
- Ensure that you spot jog continually for at least a minute
These are cardiovascular exercises of the lower body that help toning up the buttocks and the thighs. It aids in improving a person’s overall physical fitness and health.
How to perform the Box Jump
- Stand straight, ensuring that you keep your back firm. Get in an athletic position with your feet slightly apart. Stand some distance away from the box but no so much far from it.
- Descend into a quarter squat position very fast. While swinging your arms, thrust your feet off the ground, jumping on to the box.
- Try to land lightly as the light that you’ll land, the better it will be for you.
In conclusion, it can be hard to regularly keep going to the gym, especially with the new covid-19 containment measures. This article has covered some cardio exercise that you can do in the comfort of your home.